Re: [RTTY] (fwd) ARLB007 FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Petition That Seek

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] (fwd) ARLB007 FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Petition That Seeks 80/75 Meter Adjustments
From: "Bob Burns W9BU" <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 05:43:19 -0500
Peter, not sure if you are being sarcastic, but there are 12,891 current
Novice license holders in the U.S. That represents approximately 2% of the
nearly 800,000 total U.S. license holders. Whether or not those Novices are
active is a point of argument that is difficult to back up with facts.

By comparison, there are 393,000 Technicians (49%), 183,000 Generals (23%),
53,000 Advanced (7%), and 144,000 Extras (18%). Given that nearly half of
the licensees are Technicians, granting them additional privileges on the HF
bands could have an impact on band usage.

My source is the AE7Q.com web site which draws its data from the FCC ULS.

http://ae7q.com/query/stat/LicenseUSA.php

Bob...