Re: [RTTY] Escape Key

To: Jeff Rinehart <jmrinehart@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Escape Key
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 14:16:56 -0400
Thanks for taking the time to explain, Jeff

I have a microsoft wheel mouse optical. Microsoft seems to have good support for their hardware. I searched for how to do it and discovered they have provided "intellipoint" to customize mouse functions. I installed it and learned exactly how to substitute the wheel press for a supported keyboard key. Unfortunately, the esc key is not on their list of supported reassignments. WriteLog can re-define keys, so I was able to point the wheel press to a supported key in WL (I used alt-F1) and then reassign Alt-F1 to MessageAbortTransmission within WL.

It works. I can press the wheel key and abort the transmission. I was hoping I could do it without WL having focus, but it doesn't work that way (so far). But at least my left shoulder can take a break in the next contest. Now I have to start working on the muscle memory aspect - teaching my mouse wheel finger the new tricks.

Before yesterday, I didn't even realize the wheel was also a button... duh.

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

Jerry W4UK