Re: [RTTY] VK0EK RTTY Update

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] VK0EK RTTY Update
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:52:13 -0700

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 13:06:05 -0400, WW3S wrote:

>and the same K5, over and over and over....

REPLY:

Keep in mind, this is how jammers work these days, and not just RTTY.
They pretend to be a legitimate station that is just "confused" shall
we say, ignoring all "UP" messages. They may use the call of someone
they don't like, hoping they will get a pile of hate mail.

I know I'm swimming against the tide, but my suggestion to have the DX
answer on YOUR  frequency would solve this. The DX station would call
CQ and end with QYF, meaning "your frequency", then work stations for
about five minutes or so, then go back to the CQ frequency and do it
again. Jammers and non-split operators now become harmless. I think
it's worth a try but it will need the backing of a major DXPedition.
Who will be the first?

73, Bill W6WRT