Re: [RTTY] Rigblaster Plus & Windows 10

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Rigblaster Plus & Windows 10
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 23:55:17 +0000
The Rigblasters themselves are just interfaces, no driver is needed.

I'm pretty sure the CD that comes with the product just has a collection of
digital ham shareware, the documentation and the drivers for the included
USB-Serial cable if that is required. If there is a problem that's likely to be
the source.  I have no idea if they use the Prolific or FTDI chipset. The
Prolific is a headache if you don't find the right driver - most of the ones
freely available are crap. But in either case I'd bet dollars for donuts that
the USB driver supplied doesn't support Windows 10.

If all else fails you can always just purchase another USB-Serial cable with a
driver that works under Windows 10.

Al
AB2ZY