Re: [RTTY] DominoEX, was: New Russian contest

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DominoEX, was: New Russian contest
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 14:29:01 -0700

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 09:34:48 -0700, Chen wrote:

>fldigi is a cross platform program. There should be a Windows version.
>
>It may not have some of the specialized stuff (like being able to see very
>weak signals in the waterfall, a tuning aid that shows a stack of MFSK bins,
>or a scrolling beacon channel, etc.
>
>73
>Chen, W7AY

REPLY:

fldigi (no capital letters) works well on Windows. A couple of hints:

1. If you are also running the DXLab suite, there is a gateway
software available that allows fldigi to talk directly to it. Logging,
radio control, etc. There may be gateways for other programs, I only
know about DXLab. You will run fldigi in place of WinWarbler, and you
will launch the gateway program first, which will automatically launch
fldigi.

2. If you want to run fldigi in standalone mode, you should also
download the .xml rig control file for your rig. If you always run it
with the gateway, this is not necessary.

fldigi can be a bit confusing to get set up and running, but lots of
help is available. Give it a try and do experiment with the tons of
modes available - there must be close to a hundred different
varsities.

Have fun!

73, Bill W6WRT