[RTTY] Icom Rigs For Contesting

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Icom Rigs For Contesting
From: "Thomas F. Giella W4HM" <thomasfgiella@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:49:53 -0400
I've been using an Icom IC-756 Pro 3 for contesting since 2003. Back in April I added a new Icom IC-7410 and have found that the IC-7410 has faster IF DSP and better IMD performance than the Pro 3, so have been favoring the IC-7410 for RTTY contesting.

Presuming that the Icom IC-7600 has faster IF DSP and better IMD performance than the Pro 3 also and at least equal to the IC-7410 I've been thinking about retiring the Pro 3 and replacing it with the IC-7600. I would appreciate comments on IC-7600 performance in RTTY contesting.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@gmail.com