Re: [RTTY] Icom Rigs For Contesting

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Icom Rigs For Contesting
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 22:00:18 -0500
On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net> wrote:
> The IC-7410 has just one DSP unit--32 bits at 333 MHz. The 7410's
> spectrum scope is pretty minimal and does not have a waterfall.

Pretty much the same relationship as between the IC-746Pro (IC-7400 in
some markets) and the IC-756Pro-something (I think it was closest to
the Pro "I"  - the 746 never got a II or III) - RTTY decode but no
encode, Spectrum Scope (but only if you don't need to hear the
stations), etc.

Not complaining -- I have a 746Pro and love it -- but Icom pretty
clearly kept the same feature sets for the two radios.

I'd actually have a 7410 if they'd included the 2m all-mode part the
746Pro had but ...