Re: [RTTY] Startech USB COM port adapter

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Startech USB COM port adapter
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 08:30:58 -0400

(NOTE: FSK RTTY with this hardware combination does *NOT* work with
DM780!) The other serial port does work with CW on N1MM+, CWType and
even DM780.

DM780 is "brain dead" when it comes to FSK in that it will not allow
both PTT and FSK on the same port - although it allows both CW and
PTT (figure that out <G>).  However, if you configure HRD to provide
PTT either using the RTS line of the CAT port (if your radio/interface
supports it) or by using CAT/CI-V commands and configure DM780 to have
HRD control PTT you can use the same configuration for both N1MM+/MMTTY
or HRD/DM780.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV