Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Bonehead Move

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Bonehead Move
From: Lee - N2LEE via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 12:40:18 -0400
Ed,

It was great working you for the NA Sprint contest.
Wonderful signal.

Even though I have been a ham for over 30 years I am new to RTTY.
Worked many other digital modes but just recently got hooked on RTTY.

I only found out about the Contest about 20 minutes before it started but
decided to jump in and have some fun.

One comment (and apology) I wanted to make was in regards to the
Special QSY provision. I did not read the rules carefully at first and the
QSY “Thing” really threw me. I could not figure out why others were calling
CQ on the frequency I staked out. (*&%&*^

I had the rules up on another computer monitor and glanced over and read about
the QSY
provision. Boy did I feel like an idiot. Here I was getting mad at others for
my own lack of
experience. :)

I have never been involved with the QSY provision and I have to admit it took a
while to
get use to. But after I figured it out and tried it I realize it made things a
lot more fun. Although
it did keep me hopping (no pun intended).

Sorry to anyone I called CQ on top of and thanks for an enjoyable 4 hours.

Lee - N2LEE