Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Bonehead Move

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Bonehead Move
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 20:59:14 -0700
There are no bonehead moves in contesting--just things that can be done
better. Which is what we all, novice and expert, strive for.

Here are some comments I posted a few years back.

At first glance, sprints can appear intimidating, but they're not hard, and
> as N6TR says, sprints are the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
>
> Below are some resources that will help you maximize your fun. If you
> haven't sprinted before, I suggest that you start out by CQing. Don't get
> sucked into the supposed received wisdom that if you're signal challenged
> you should call other stations. Remember when you call a station, you are
> competing with other stations calling. When you CQ, your only competition
> is signal-to-noise ratio. In particular, check out the N6TV Sprint Webinar
> on how to CQ by bouncing back and forth between VFO A and B.
>
> CW Sprinting--Beginners Guide  http://www.contesting.com/articles/198
>
> N6TR Sprint Survival Page  http://www.kkn.net/n6tr/sprint.html
>
> N6TV Sprint Webinar http://www.nccc.cc/misc/nasprint020210_%20N6TV.wmv
>

> <http://www.nccc.cc/webinars.html>W6SX Sprints--How to Have Fun
> http://pvrc.org/webinar/webinars.htm Scroll to bottom

The above are generally for CW, but as W0YK says, good RTTY procedure
mimics good CW procedure.

For those wanting low-key practice, check out NCCC Spjrints NS, both CW and
RTTY. Every week. See http://www.ncccsprint.com/ .

Warning! Sprints are addicting. Proceed with exuberance.

73,

Hank, W6SX