Re: [RTTY] Any word on Makrothen logs?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Any word on Makrothen logs?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 21:21:05 +0000
I think it's great that a number of folks have offered to take  up
responsibility for the Makrothen contest, but there is a cautionary
note when it is done by an individual. Over time, people either get
bored, lose interest or have health issues or something.

I believe contests are best sponsored by a club or a more or less
permanent ordination. If I remember correctly, Makrothen was handled
by one person and the inevitable happened. A club or other
organization has many more resources to call on and the long term
success of the contest is better assured.

Not to say however, an individual can't handle it in the interim until
a suitable sponsor is found.

Either way, I was pleased to see the ham spirit is alive and well!

73, Bill W6WRT