Re: [RTTY] Well darn...

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Well darn...
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:11:57 +0000
Thanks for all the replies.

Yeah I have a Signalink USB adapter and I have it adjusted to provide max watts out (about 85, I think) without a trace of ALC on the meter in my 480. I do not send any info to packet clusters (we do not have any active clusters in my local area) while contesting.

I was a bit concerned about the 2.1 khz offset which was why I made the attempt to switch over to True FSK. I do not see the offset on my frequency display, I wish I could.

I also have a Rig Blaster Pro that I have never been successful in getting running, again because of Windows 10 refusing to recognize any USB to serial adapters that came with that unit. This is why I went with the Signalink unit.

Maybe I spend some time building a new desktop that use serial boards.

see ya all in the contest this weekend.

73

Thom KI8W