[RTTY] RTTY reception

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY reception
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 09:56:06 +0000
last night I was trying to figure out how I was going to test the reception of a RTTY signal in MMTTY from my Signallink USB. Something did not seem right.

Upon awakening this morning, an idea popped into my head which I immediately put into practice.

I recorded a RTTY audio transmission and then played it back thru my Signallink USB using my cellphone.

It worked beautifully and it helped me diagnose a problem with the Microphone Audio CODEC.

Now I have receive audio routed thru my computer sound card and all appears to be working, just as it should.

Now to figure out what went wrong in that CODEC.

See you in the contest this evening.

73

Thom Ki8W