Re: [RTTY] RYRY Anonymous Group

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RYRY Anonymous Group
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 01:25:01 +0000
ME:  Hello,  my name is Thom and I have a serious case of addiction.

PSYCH:  Can you describe this addiction.

ME: Well I joined this group on Contesting.com and I think they have gotten me into something that I am truly, truly liking.

PSYCH: Can you tell me a bit about this group?

ME: Well the Contesting.com group is called RTTY. They seem like a really nice bunch of people.

PSYCH:  I see. What is this thing called RTTY?

ME: RTTY is short for Radio Teletype. It is a digital mode we use to communicate, on Amateur Radio.

PSYCH: Oh I see.  So what part of this RTTY has you so concerned?

ME: On the weekends we do this thing called Contesting. All of us get on the air and the object is to make as many contacts as possible in a certain time period. When we are not contesting we all get withdrawal symptoms, Some of us have it worse than others.

PSYCH:  OK.  So what makes you think you are addicted to this?

ME: It's nearly every weekend during the Fall, Winter and Spring. I just cannot seem to do anything else on the weekends. The lawn never gets mowed but I am waiting for it to grow over my new radial system I laid down for my 40 meter vertical. In the winter the driveway never gets plowed. In the spring the garden never gets planted. Then there is the dog.

PSYCH: That's all very interesting...do you think I could try this RTTY contesting you speak of?

ME:  I am not sure.  It can be quite addictive.

73

Thom KI8W