Re: [RTTY] Science fiction RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Science fiction RTTY
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 05:07:51 +0000
When I got into RTTY back in early 1979 my Model 14 was clanking along when it started printing characters in strange patterns. I forget now who the station was that was transmitting it. When the print was done I tore the paper off the machine to look at a beautiful depiction of a tiger, all made with letters and numbers printed by my Model 14.

I have several other pictures in my collection but the tiger is probably lost to history as I have no idea where it is.

The common term for that was RTTY Art.

It is also something lost in this modern age of computer RTTY communications.

I hope you enjoyed that little story from my past.

73

Thom KI8W

P. S.   I miss my model 14.