Re: [RTTY] sound board

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] sound board
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:06:34 -0500

Opening up Recording tab shows headset microphone microham codec
default device 1 channel 16 bit 11025. Open up volume mixer it shows
headset earphone, system sounds, microham device router , and post
box.

As documented in the microHAM Users Manual for each interface, the
sound card in the microHAM Interface should *NEVER* be the Windows
default device or the Windows default communications device.  See
"Configuring microHAM CODEC" or "Configuring USB Audio CODEC" in
your users manual (as appropriate).

In addition, *always* use "Line (microHAM CODEC)" as the input (RX)
sound card in digital software.  "Headset microphone (microHAM CODEC)"
is connected to the microphone circuit in MK II (and not used in DK II)
for recording DVK messages only.  By setting the digital software input
to "Headset microphone (microHAM CODEC)" you are receiving via *audio*
*coupling* between your speaker and the microphone - no wonder you can
not copy anything in MMTTY!

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV