Re: [RTTY] ZS2EZ - Help Needed!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ZS2EZ - Help Needed!
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:20:07 -0600
I am concerned that the capacitor is one in a bank of 4 that are used in the AL-811 HV power supply. It is obvious the one in the picture "erupted" but I question whether replacing only one capacitor in the HV circuit would only temporarily solve the problem. Another cap in that bank could let loose soon thereafter and create another repair cycle.

Is there a non-destructive method to verify the remaining capacitors are still up to the job? With easy access to parts and relatively low cost shipping within the USA, this is probably of less concern to us "over here."

What do others think?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN