Re: [RTTY] [RBN-OPS] Re: Multiple spots RTTY [3 Attachments]

To: Comcast <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [RBN-OPS] Re: Multiple spots RTTY [3 Attachments]
From: Mark Sihlanick <n2qt.va@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 07:54:42 -0500
I've often seen the audio harmonics, which multiply the shift, which means
skimmer and mmty will not decode them but they have the proper sound
cadence when you tune across them.  2tone will decode on a single tone so
you can get a decode if you are using it. If it's inadequate opposite side
and rejection the tones are inverted so again no decode.

What has been seen is rtty skimmer decoding multiple signals, offset by
several hundred Hz, meaning that somehow the shift is preserved.
The levels of the off frequency decodes were lower.

I've only seen the RBN lists, and not the spectral display so I can only
conjecture.

Guess we need to work some more

Mark n2wt