Re: [RTTY] greater than 600 watts for RTTY?

To: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] greater than 600 watts for RTTY?
From: WILLIAM MARX <bmarx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:22:42 +0000 (UTC)
RTTY is a "King of the Hill" mode. But practically speaking I doubt you need
more than 600 to 1000 watts.
Now having said that, when I was chasing RTTY DX I used all I had, meaning 1500
watts. All that counts is what the other guy sees on his screen. Now skimmers
and a few other things aside, most equipment reads only the one it is decoding.
But 600 watts on that antenna is a pretty potent combination.
Bill W2CQ