[RTTY] 600 watts or greater

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] 600 watts or greater
From: Tom Martin <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 15:42:27 -0500
I run an Alpha 8410 on my main radio at 1200 watts most of the time in contests. I call CQ a lot so the high power is needed to hold a frequency. I run an old Dentron MLA-2500, or an SSB-220 on my second radio. I usually have 600 out because I use a CL-33 on 20 and 15. With my HF6 on 40 and 80, I run 800 out. This is 80% of the time my S & P radio.

I would say that location and antenna are the most important. Also, Price per Contact must be taken into consideration for those wanting to spend big money on antennas, tower, and amp. Is it worth it to spend thousands of dollars just to make DXCC? Contest are a different story, If you've got it and your family won't suffer, go for the gusto!

73,
Tom W8JWN  "Life is too short for QRP"