Re: [RTTY] NS RTTY Sprint

To: "Ktfrog007@aol.com" <Ktfrog007@aol.com>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NS RTTY Sprint
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 03:36:00 +0000
I’m not sure what the breakdown of working/retired folks is on the
morning/afternoon CWTs, but except for a few that have noted they operate from
work (VE9AA in his car, for example) I’d bet most are retired. So that limits
an already small group. I know two of our most active stations are work
constrained during the day.  As I noted in a previous post, VE2FK asked
publically about a daytime CWT-style RTTY session and no one responded. If we
wanted to have a standard contest style session, that would definitely be the
way to go. Something completely separate from NS, sort of like what they did
with the Tuesday night Fone Fray.

Ken: I think you’ll find that you’ll do fine entering LP in the real Sprint.
WD0T often does.  I think Sprint has more to do with technique than many other
contests.  And it’s short enough that you don’t need to do a marathon length
session. But yes, it does take more practice than other contests.

Ken K6MR