[RTTY] My post on amp suggestions last week

To: "RTTY, Contesting" <rtty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RTTY] My post on amp suggestions last week
From: "Richard White" <whiter26@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 16:44:27 -0500
Many thanks to all who sent me an e-mail with comments on amps. I asked
about the AL-811 and 811H with comments ranging from "NO to anything 811" to
"I have used a 811H for RTTY at 400 watts with no trouble." Almost all
commented on plate voltage requirements. I have 2 radios, YAESU Mark-5 Field
and a TEN TEC Omni-7. Looks like I will have to do some more searching to
decide which radio I want to use with the amp and what the radio/amp
requirements are best for me to use.

I had several suggestions about using other modes, such as the JT's Olivia
and PSK31 instead of RTTY. I tried PSK31 several years ago and found it
boring and not suited to my contesting use. I prefer to use CW and RTTY and
not mess with other modes.

Many thanks for all the replies and information.  Look for me in the RTTY
contests. Now back to the amp question for meJ

73   Dick   KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White

Fulton, MO 65251 U.S.A

Amateur Radio Station  KS0M