Re: [RTTY] Information please

To: rtty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Information please
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 10:19:33 -0400

On 5/28/2017 9:04 AM, Ed Muns wrote:
> +1 for JTDX.  The advantages are all on JT65 for HF, not JT9, though.

The issues with JTDX are: 1) the use of "hinted decoding" which uses a
list of known calls and will find them even if they are not present!
2) overly aggressive decoding which produces a very high level of
"false" decodes, 3) lack of "two pass" decoding which "nulls out" a
stronger signal and decodes weaker signals on (nearly) the same
frequency.

WSJT-X (particularly in the development branch) is clearly superior to
JTDX and has the advantage of Joe Taylor's direct involvement.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV