Re: [RTTY] Information please

To: "rtty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rtty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Information please
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 17:36:52 +0000 (UTC)
My experience with JTDX is similar to Barry's. JTDX seems to decode just about
every signal seen in the waterfall. I've been using JTDX exclusively now for
over six months. I went back to WSJT-x this weekend to try MSK144. When 6
meters opened with E skip, I switched to JT65 and to my dismay WSJT-x would
only decode half the signals showing in the waterfall. I then switched to JTDX
and it decoded nearly all the signals.
I went back to WSJT-x, defaulted it and tried to get it set up for better
decoding but it was never satisfactory to me. What amazes me most about JTDX is
that is can decode weak signals that are under stronger signals (WSJT-x will
not do this) and it can decode as many as 3 signals on the exact same
frequency. One complaint about WSJT-X on JT65 is that it will not decode more
than one signal on the same frequency. If there are two (or more) signals on
the same frequency, WSJT-x will not decode any of them. If a weak signal gets
covered up, WSJT-x will not decode it. JTDX will in most cases.
On a very crowded 20 meter band, I've seen JTDX decode more than 24 signals in
a single pass. WSJT-x can't come close to this. The notion that JTDX has more
errors doesn't hold water. Rarely do I ever see errors with JTDX. I saw one
yesterday and it surprised me because I hadn't seen one in a long time.
One positive WSJT-x has over JTDX might be JT9. The enhancements in JTDX are
only for JT65. WSJT-x seems to better with JT9.
Don AA5AU