Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve
From: Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:53:47 -0400
On 7/17/2017 12:10 PM, Ken K6MR wrote:
If you are not watching closely you don’t know what <Enter> will do at any given time.
The thing that always trips me up in N1MM+ with ESM turned on is that if I S&P a station on a different band, N1MM+ automatically fills in the other guy's exchange info from the previous contact and moves the Enter highlight to F2. If I don't notice this and click on the exchange info in the DI window to fill the fields, N1MM+ jumps back to F4 which means I call the guy again when I hit Enter instead of sending my exchange. Had that happen a couple of times. Very annoying.

I'm curious...How many N1MM+ operators have the main entry window above the DI window on their monitors and how many have the two windows side-by-side? I usually have the main window above the DI window, but I think I may rearrange things for the next contest.

Bob...