Re: [RTTY] Intel NUC, anyone?

To: "'Peter Laws'" <plaws0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Intel NUC, anyone?
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 15:42:36 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: RTTY [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Peter Laws
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 11:34 AM
To: alex@kr1st.com
Cc: RTTY contest group

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Alex <alex@kr1st.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Have you looked into TinyFSK?
>
> http://www.frontiernet.net/~aflowers/tinyfsk/
>
> I was looking into doing something similar as you with either a small
> form factor PC, cheap laptop or some other device (which I still have to get).
> Realizing that they would not have a serial port for FSK keying, I
> built an interface that included the TinyFSK. It worked very well for
> me. I used it with the N1MM logging software for some contesting as well.

Seen it go by here many time ... and never looked into it.  An Arduino nano
board is, like, $12.  I think this is where I will go
for FSK. Not clear on how MMTTY (in N1MM or in WinWarbler or by itself) talks
to it

>>>On the "External Modem" tab of WinWarbler's Configuration window, set the
>>>"Model" selector to "tiny FSK". The full set of
step-by-step instructions are here:

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ExternalModemControl>

       73,

              Dave, AA6YQ