Re: [RTTY] Intel NUC, anyone?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Intel NUC, anyone?
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 11:07:29 -0000
But never use RX based twin peak filtering with 2Tone. May well sound better to
the human ear but it will be worse for the decoder. 2Tone uses optimised
filtering and anything that narrow in the RX will cause increased Intersymbol
Interference (ISI) resulting in a higher error rate.

My recommendation is to use RX bandwidth no narrower than 350Hz as the steep
slopes considerable group delay distortion. This causes some parts of the
signal to be delayed relative to other parts - it causes the signal to spread
over time and increases ISI. Increased ISI means higher probability of
character errors.

The tone filters in 2Tone are 45.45Hz wide at -6dB and <90Hz at -60dB. Also use
slow AGC as fast AGC can generate artefacts.

73 David G3YYD