Re: [RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY

To: NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY
From: "Ken K6MR" <k6mr@gmx.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 01:55:47 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

I trust everyone had a great weekend in the Roundup. Don't worry, the bells in your head will go away soon enough. The group last week had all the usual suspects, with Ed, P49X/W0YK dropping by for that elusive mult we only see a few times a year. W6SX was in there again testing the station on HP. We'll take the activity where we can find it.

This weekend looks to be cw-centric, with the NAQP CW test as the first big cw test of the year. But hey, now that you've got your rtty setup running well, why not drop by on Thursday evening and keep everything in tune.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:

Friday,  12 Jan 2018, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 11 Jan 2018 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q or band change.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.

For something new (and exciting?), give the live scoreboard a try at https://contestonlinescore.com . Set up your logger to report and select the NCCC NA RTTY SPRINT on the web page to display the scores. The Help menu pulldown will give you the info needed to setup the most common logging programs.

Don’t forget to report your score to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR