Re: [RTTY] Jitter

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Jitter
From: David G3YYD via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:03:42 -0000
Hank

The TX bandwidth for 45.45 baud FSK is dependent on the radio rather than
the system used for keying within reason. Obviously if the keyer is
producing lots of short transients then it will widen the bandwidth unless
the FSK is well filtered within the radio.

As for timing jitter, why keep it when it can be avoided? This will save
having to repeat an exchange when it would have been copied first time if
the TX was jitter free.

Much better to use AFSK or 2Tone DOOK. By the way 2Tone AFSK is narrow just
not as narrow as 2Tone DOOK.

73 David G3YYD