SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Russian DX multipliers

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Russian DX multipliers
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:27:42 -0000
From: "iz2eju" <iz2eju@libero.it>

> it seems that SD doesn't count European Russia and
> Asiatic Russia as multipliers;

The rules are ambiguous, or incomplete, but I believe no part
of Russia counts as a country multiplier - only oblasts count.

Here is Rule 9 - Multipliers

9.1 Two types of multiplier will be used:

   A multiplier of one (1) for each different oblast
   contacted on each band.

   A multiplier of one (1) for each different country
   contacted on each band.

9.2  Different Russian Oblasts are:
   Franz Josef Land (R1FJ),
   Malyj Vysotskij Island (R1MV) and
   Russian stations in Antarctica (R1AN).

It seems that R1JF, R1MV and R1AN are oblast multipliers, not
country multipliers, and therefore European Russia and Asiatic
Russia are likely to count only as oblast multipliers - but I
could be wrong :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI