SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Trying to use SD with WIN Me

To: "frank" <fdavis@nfld.net>, <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Trying to use SD with WIN Me
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:31:11 +0100
From: "frank" <fdavis@nfld.net>

> .. I decided to try using another notebook with WIN Me
> on it with my microKEYER.

Please delete your SD.INI file.

Then start SD or SDI and use the PORTS command to
configure COM8 for CW for Rig 1.  Do not try to add
rig control at this time.

Then use the WINKEY command to let SD/SDI know
you're using WinKey on COM8.  You don't have to
worry about the other comm parameters, as SD
sets the BPS rate to 1200 when using WinKey (it's
hard-coded).

Even if the SD's STATUS command shows the COM8
rate to be 4800, it doesn't matter.

At this stage, if WinKey is not working, use the
WKINIT command.  If WinKey is still not working,
restart your computer and run SD or SDI again.
Try WKINIT again if necessary

If WinKey is not working, please verify that
Windows confirms that COM8 is present and
working.

If system settings seem to be OK, and WinKey
is still not working, please send me your SD.INI
file.

Don't try to enable rig control until we get
WinKey working.

73,
Paul EI5DI