SD-User

[SD-User] Trying to use SD with WIN Me

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] Trying to use SD with WIN Me
From: frank <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:13:01 +0000
OK Paul

Have followed your protocol and now have WINKEY working OK on virtual
COM8 into microKEYER using WIN Me.
No rig control.

Whats the next step to get rig control working??

73 Frank VO1HP

Then start SD or SDI and use the PORTS command to configure COM8 for CW
for Rig 1. Do not try to add rig control at this time. Then use the
WINKEY command to let SD/SDI know you're using WinKey on COM8. You don't
have to worry about the other comm parameters, as SD sets the BPS rate
to 1200 when using WinKey (it's hard-coded). Even if the SD's STATUS
command shows the COM8 rate to be 4800, it doesn't matter. At this
stage, if WinKey is not working, use the WKINIT command. If WinKey is
still not working, restart your computer and run SD or SDI again. Try
WKINIT again if necessary If WinKey is not working, please verify that
Windows confirms that COM8 is present and working. If system settings
seem to be OK, and WinKey is still not working, please send me your
SD.INI file. Don't try to enable rig control until we get WinKey working.