SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Comments

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Comments
From: Nick G4IRX <nick.sduser@nowindows.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:49:31 +0100
Carol Richards wrote:
> 2. The cw sounded somewhat choppy and often went into a garbage
> mode....incoherent cw, steady carrier, random dits and dots. I needed to use
> the esc-key to stop it. It got so annoying, I abandoned the cw capability in
> favor of my programmable external keyer.

I found this out myself today in the RSGB Low Power contest. The
internal keyer works fine until ask the PC to do something else, in my
case, opening acrobat reader to read the manual. Still waiting for my
Winkey kit here...

I also discovered that the CW memories are different in S&P mode to the
ones in run mode, quickly figured out after finding my reports was going
out without the appended power level.

Nick G4IRX