SD-User

[SD-User] WAE - QTC

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] WAE - QTC
From: hmmjr@comcast.net (H. M. Motley Jr.)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:11:04 +0000
I found that if I closed the program and restarted it, it lost count of the QTC
number sent and did not remember how many QTC I've sent to various stations.
For example, if I had  just sent 15/10 and closed the program and then reopen
it , the next QTC number that came up was 1/x.  I just kept track manually of
numbers sent and changed them before accepting them into the log.  I did mess
up and send one QTC series number twice but I've noted that in my QTC file.

Also if I had sent a station 6 QTC's and he asked for more later,  the program
did not know I had sent him previous QTC's!  The other station knew and I just
changed the number before sending them.   On one occasion I accepted a screen
that had more QTC's than I had sent.  That required me to go into the .ALL file
and the QTC file to edit them to reflect the QTC's actually sent.

I also noticed when sending a QTC, that a station I had entered and then
"Zapped" (I could never copy his number) apperared in the QTC window to send.
I noticed it and sent the QTC's manually with the proper call that had replaced
that "Zapped" entry.

The on screen score got messed up somehow and was counting the QTC's twice in
it's calculations.  At the end of the contest, SD check calculated the score
correctly so this was not a big issue.  I may have caused this by editing the
.ALL file to correct QTC's not actually sent as I noted above.

Even with these glitches the program was much better than doing all manually!

Puck, W4PM