SD-User

[SD-User] WKUSB Questions

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] WKUSB Questions
From: Mike Walsh <ke5akl@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 17:55:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

This is my first post so, hello to everyone.

I used SD in the recent CQ WW CW contest.  It was the first time I've tried to
use a logging program and I really liked using SD after getting used to it.
However, I did have some questions/comments about using SD with the WKUSB keyer.

First, WKUSB has two key outputs.  Is there any way to switch between them from
SD?  My WKUSB is connected to two rigs and, since I couldn't find a way to
switch WKUSB outputs from SD, I had to physically swap connectors when I
switched rigs.

Second, SD seemed to report the wrong WKUSB pot wpm value.  I set the program
up for MINWPM 18 and WPMRANGE 15.  If I'm understanding correctly, this should
give a range of 18 to 33 wpm and, in fact, this does seem to be the case.
However, the value under the callsign entry line varies from 18 to 25 for the
full pot excursion.  Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks and 73,

Mike - ke5akl