SD-User

Re: [SD-User] WKUSB Questions

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] WKUSB Questions
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:54:44 -0000
From: "Mike Walsh" <ke5akl@yahoo.com>

> First, WKUSB has two key outputs.  Is there any way to
> switch between them from SD?

Not at the moment, although I can see it would be useful.
I use WKUSB myself, although with only one radio.

> I set the program up for MINWPM 18 and WPMRANGE 15.
> .. this should give a range of 18 to 33 wpm ...
> However, the value ... varies from 18 to 25

Thanks - I've noticed this myself, and I get exactly
the same values you've described.  The only time I get
the expected values is when WPMRANGE is set to 32.
Right now, I don't know what the cure is likely to be.

While we're on WinKey, Ron G4DDX reported that Esc
didn't always stop WinKey message playback.  He's right,
and that is fixed for the next update.

73,
Paul EI5DI