SD-User

[SD-User] Winkey

To: <SD-User@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] Winkey
From: "Ray Hills" <g3hrh@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:29:14 -0000
Hello Paul,

I am struggling to get Winkey going.  My problem is that there does not seem
to be any keying.  I have started to look at the output DC signal on pin 4
of the DB9 serial port from the PC.

My "normal" configuration is to run with SHARE enabled.  In that condition
pin 4 rests at neg 11 v. relative to pin 5 and swings in synpathy with the
keying from SD. (I take the PTT signal from pin 7).  If I disable SHARE and
enable WINKEY then pin 4 rests at pos 11 v. w.r.t. pin 5 (polarity reversal)
and does not move when keying is initiated.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is
that what you would expect?  If so then how does the keying generated by SD
find its way to the Winkey module (v.6 serial)?

All help appreciated.

Ray G3HRH

p.s. I am a great fan of SD which serves me well.  The only reason that I am
looking at Winkey is because of the convenience of having a knob to change
keying speed immediately if necessary.  I have not myself experienced any
timing problems with straight SD although I only run it at around 24wpm.