SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Cut numbers

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Cut numbers
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:38:42 +0000
On 19/12/2014 22:39, Paul Bigwood wrote:

I'd like to be able to send TT1 for the first QSO and TT2 for the 2nd, etc up to TT9 then it goes to T10 and T11 etc but I dont think SD supports that as far as I can see.

That is indeed the way SD does it (has always done it) :-)

I can have supressed zeros, so it only send 1,2,3,4 etc the 10,11,12 etc. The zero in 10 is either a 'T' or full '0' depending on the SD_CWZERO settings.

What I'm seeing is that the zero in 10 can be T, the letter O
or zero - it's a CWZERO option.

From tests I did yesterday, I believe the only outstanding
issue with CWZERO is that if you had previously selected
A as the cut version of 1, CWZERO would not change it back
to 1.  This is fixed for V17.52.

I'm adding a feature to let you log any cut numbers (in
serials) as you hear them, and SD will do the translation.
For example, you type ANET - SD logs it as 1950. It will
do this character by character, but only for serials.

For what it's worth, the only cut numbers I send are
A, N and T - for 1, 9 and 0.  In CQWW, I usually send
the zone as A4 and no one ever asks for a repeat.
Sometimes, after sending EUAA5 for IOTA, I do get asked
for a repeat.  Now that I think of it, I'll add the cut
number translation/replacement to IOTA references.

73,
Paul EI5DI