[SECC] SS UBN Report

Subject: [SECC] SS UBN Report
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 00:10:59 -0400
On 7 May 00, at 15:24, John T. Laney, III wrote:

> Yes, it COULD be such a problem.  Once at NQ4I, we had RF feedback
> problem on 80 such that the other stations couldn't even get our call
> whether computer sent or not.  (The most common guess was NG4E.)
> However, Jay did not have that problem in SS last year.

Just so there's no misunderstanding...I was not implying that Jay did
have such a problem, just that it is a possibility to consider, and
that one should not blindly accept that their sending is perfect just
because it's computer sent.

Like John noted, a giveaway clue that it *could* be on the TX side is
if the problem is limited to a single band...or maybe a single
antenna...or maybe only at certain beam headings, etc.  Of course the
last two would be impossible to tell if the errors weren't discovered
until after the contest.

I agree that it's usually on the RX end, either from inability to
copy or QRM/QRN causing some guesses by the RX station.

FWIW, I usually QRS automatically when a station calls me at a
greatly reduced speed...without them having to ask...hopefully it
saves the occasional fill!

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers