[SECC] Contesting - Of Course !

Subject: [SECC] Contesting - Of Course !
From: gmacie@hotmail.com (Gordon Macie)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:32:47 -0000
Fellow Contesters,

     I am in need of some new equipment and would appreciate some input from
such an experienced group of contesters.. First of all I am in the market
for a set of headphones. I noticed on the A52A video shown at the SEDXC
meeting Tuesday night that all the operators seemed to be using Heil
Headsets.. I didn't get a change to ask Wes if they were a sponser or that
was what everyone preferred. During my contesting days I didn't use a
computer log so I had my hands free and didn't normally use a headset but
that seems unpractical now days.

So what do you recommend..

     I have a 10 yr old MFJ Grandmaster Keyer but it seems to be a bit on
the ill side.. Not sure I want to take the time to try and fix it.. What do
cw contesters use today ??? I see MFJ still has a line of keyers. I just
bought a new MFJ tuner and am disappointed in the quality.. Not sure if I
want to buy another MFJ product... I have never used a keyboard to work cw.
I can type fast so that maybe an option...
Just thinking ahead to wpx cw...

Thanks in advance for any advice / opinions..

P.S. I have recieved quite a few responses from my introduction message.
Thanks for such a nice welcome...

Gordon Macie
KS5M/4
gmacie@hotmail.com