[SECC] Contesting - Of Course !

Subject: [SECC] Contesting - Of Course !
From: jpryor@arches.uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:59:34 -0500
Gordon,

I can only tell you what I'm using, which may or may not be for you.  I'm
using a Heil headset with the HC5 element and have no reason to
complain.  It hurts my ears a bit after a 48-hour contest, but I think it's
likely that most do.  I use a foot switch for phone contesting.

I own a Logikey keyer but don't use it.  My logging program (TRLog) keys my
radio, and I have paddle input so I can key the radio either from the
computer or from the paddle.  I think that most contesters today use their
computer for keying.

FWIW.

- Jay/K4OGG