[SECC] Some left-over digits for GQP

Subject: [SECC] Some left-over digits for GQP
From: mcondon@attglobal.net (Mike Condon)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:23:31 -0500
In cleaning out the computer, some digital residue was found:

For GQP, 81 logs were submitted.  26 by "soft" form, 55 by paper.
This yielded a "soft" database of 6557 Qs,
This left 5691 Qs on paper.
Total was 12248 Qs.
The Database then contained more than half of the claimed qso's.

Of the 81 entrants, 12 were from SECC, 6 from SEDXC, and of these, 5 were
members of both clubs.

There were 12248 QSOs claimed overall, SSB was 4419, CW was 7829.  CW Rules!

By class/pwr total Qs were:
3  Rovers made 2336,  2336 CW (ALL of THEM!!)
7  SOHPs made  1583,   738 CW, and  845 SSB
61 SOLPs made  7277,  3985 CW, and 3292 SSB
10 SOQPs made  1052,   770 CW, and  282 SSB
(81 was the total entrants)

Kudos for logs to NY4N, most complete.
Kudos to K2UFT, K4BAI and a few others for Cabrillo format logs.

I am volunteered for next year for this task, IF the club members promise to
use Cabrillo format and the club supplied summary sheets.
You can not know how much labor is saved by using this "dirt simple" file
format, and an accurate summary sheet.

The web site still is not accepting updates, when it is fixed, I will put
the results there, along with the new contest announcements and rules.

I did have fun with this, and will put the DB tools away til next time.

73, Mike, NE4S