[SECC] Some left-over digits for GQP

Subject: [SECC] Some left-over digits for GQP
From: mcondon@attglobal.net (Mike Condon)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:07:20 -0500
Bruce,
Having some of the popular loggers to support GQP would help a lot.
Looking at FQP's site at http://www.qsl.net/fqp/ it looks like the only diff
to GQP is the power multiplier.  I would think that an identical module with
the power mults set all to "1" might do it.  There are a couple of category
differences, but not involved in scoring.  I use writelog as my main logger,
other than Island hopping, so perhaps we can get a "fix".  A check by the
GQP experts would confirm this.  I seem to remember some customization in
the standard program that might make a log template to use.

Florida also only asks for soft form for entrants with more that 100 qso's,
and that makes sense. I would adopt the same recommendation.  There is also
a page to show how to make an ASCII/Cabrillo file with a text editor,
located at http://www.qsl.net/fqp/fileform.htm.

As a "contest" club, we all probably should be making the process easier for
the sponsors and workers.
This is not to say all contests should be the same, rather it is the
differences that make for fun.
Cooperating as much as possible is all one can ask, and all I ask is a
"promise".

I see you copied Wayne, and this goes to him also.  Perhaps I can get a
contest module kit and do the work.

In any case, I enjoyed the task.

Back to getting the bugs out of my Island Rover logger...

Mike, NE4S