[SECC] Propagation software

Subject: [SECC] Propagation software
From: jpryor@arches.uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:45:24 -0500
--=====================_72884031==_.ALT

Greg,

I use WinCAP Wizard 2, which is pretty interesting software for
propagation.  I usually get the plots for Germany and Japan and then make a
time chart for the contest, something like: 4:30 p.m. JA sunrise.  Frankly
I'm not sure how valuable it is. As they say, local results may vary.  When
you're on the bands and you hear the first JA -- or someone working one --
you know that the JA opening is happening.  Having the program gives me
something to do that is somewhat constructive during the days leading to
the contest.

More valuable I believe is the old 286 computer and monitor that has a gray
line program running throughout the contest.  That visual reminder probably
helps remind me of openings more that the Wizard 2 software.  Having said
all that though, I like the Wizard 2 program.  I has some pretty neat bells
and whistles.  You can learn more here:

http://www.taborsoft.com/wwizard/Wizard2.shtml

Good luck/73,

- Jay, K4OGG

At 10:19 AM 3/27/2001, greg richard wrote:

>How many of you guys/gals use propagation software during a contest to
>predict band openings etc?
>
>How useful is it?
>
>Do you have a dedicated computer for propagation software?
>

>Greg K4NO

--=====================_72884031==_.ALT

Greg,<br>
I use WinCAP Wizard 2, which is pretty interesting software for
propagation.&nbsp; I usually get the plots for Germany and Japan and then
make a time chart for the contest, something like: 4:30 p.m. JA
sunrise.&nbsp; Frankly I'm not sure how valuable it is. As they say,
local results may vary.&nbsp; When you're on the bands and you hear the
first JA -- or someone working one -- you know that the JA opening is
happening.&nbsp; Having the program gives me something to do that is
somewhat constructive during the days leading to the contest.&nbsp;
More valuable I believe is the old 286 computer and monitor that has a
gray line program running throughout the contest.&nbsp; That visual
reminder probably helps remind me of openings more that the Wizard 2
software.&nbsp; Having said all that though, I like the Wizard 2
program.&nbsp; I has some pretty neat bells and whistles.&nbsp; You can
learn more here:<br>
eudora="autourl">http://www.taborsoft.com/wwizard/Wizard2.shtml<br>
</a>Good luck/73,<br>
- Jay, K4OGG<br>
At 10:19 AM 3/27/2001, greg richard wrote:<br>
contest to predict band openings etc?</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
software?</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>