[SECC] CW SS

Subject: [SECC] CW SS
From: k4no@ispchannel.com (greg richard)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 06:34:44 -0500

be > centers. Out to one-hop you will be nicely competitive as long you have
> > 6.  KYBITC [Keep Your Butt In The Chair] -- When rates are slow or you
> get frustrated, it's easy to lose intensity.  Save the relaxation for off
> times!

True for any contest but especially for SS. The frustration factor gets real
high especially on Sunday afternoon. Those who want to win stay in front of
the radio.
Sunday afternoon of the 2000 SS finally made me get off my butt and get my
second radio fixed so I could do the SO2R thing.  There were too many times
during SS CW that I had hours of 10 or 15 Q's.  All that tuning only to find
the same stations over and over again.  CQ'ing was not that productive
either but a combination of both would have kept the rates in the low 30's
(?)  I was low power.  Just look at the scores to see how an extra qso or
two  per hour improves the final score.

> Those are my thoughts; what are the tricks for high power and high rates?

CQ..CQ..CQ

Greg K4NO