[SECC] Fwd: [WRTC2002 0025] Vl: WRTC 2002 FAQs #1

Subject: [SECC] Fwd: [WRTC2002 0025] Vl: WRTC 2002 FAQs #1
From: jpryor@arches.uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 10:43:03 -0400
Hello all!

According to this notice from WRTC 2002 organizers, our club is one of the
leading contesting clubs in the U.S. and as a result we will be responsible
for nomination of team captains for WRTC 2002.  According to the WRTC web
site we are to nominate 10 candidates for US team captains: five from call
areas 1,2,3,4,8 and 9; and five from call areas 5,6,7,0, KH6 and KL7.

After we submit those 10 names, the WRTC organizers will rank the nominated
candidates from the leading US clubs and five captains from the "East" and
five from the "West" will be selected.  When that determination has been
made, the captains will then select partners to form the two-man teams.

I think it appropriate to start our process by asking if SECC club members
are interested in going to Finland to participate in WRTC 2002,
particularly past participants W4AN, K4BAI and K4UEE.  Incidentally, Bob is
one of the US representatives for WRTC 2002.  I don't know if that prevents
him from being a contestant.

Our deadline for submitting our nominations is June 15.

Comments?  Nominations?

73,

- Jay, K4OGG