[SECC] RE: [SEDXC] CQWW 160 CW Contest

Subject: [SECC] RE: [SEDXC] CQWW 160 CW Contest
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:07:08 -0500
On 12/12/01 4:59 PM, Bill Fisher W4AN at w4an@contesting.com wrote:

>I think a joint endevour would be good for both clubs.  Our membership
>would surely increase from SEDXers who spill over into other contests and
>our club would only be out of ONE very small contest.  Membership in the
>SEDXC for CQ contests is not required as I understand it.  I see this as a
>no-brainer personally.

Since the objective of the SECC is to promote participation and
excellence in contesting, this effort would accomplish exactly that.

Bill's right that much of our potential membership may be sitting in the
SEDXC, as well as many potential contesters.

While some may feel that the SEDXC hasn't done anything for the SECC,
perhaps the first act of kindness starts with us. Won't it be easier to
encourage SEDXC memebers to participate in GQP or other activities if we
can point out what we did for them in CQ 160m?

--

The CQ 160m rules state:

"Club Competition: Any club that submits at least three logs can enter
the Club Competition. The name of the club must be clearly identified
under club competition on the summary sheet. Club competition is a "for
fun" competition to foster more activity. There is a separate listing for
the club sores."

I couldn't find anything that states what a club is, or if membership is
required.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901