[SECC] Phonetics

Subject: [SECC] Phonetics
From: k2uft@yahoo.com (Dick Bentley)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:12:32 -0800 (PST)
Court K4WI reported problems with his call being
misinterpreted in the SSB test.  While tuning around
on 20 meters I ran into a CT1 whose phonetics I
absolutely did not understand.  I know my ears roll
off around 1,000 cycles as a result of 44 years of CW,
but this guy seemed to be saying Charlie Tango One
Alpha WATEL Uniform.  I assume the Watel was Hotel and
it was CT1AHU.  No one calling him seemed to have any
problem understanding his call, at least no one asked
for fills or repeats. Anyone notice this?

Dick  K2UFT