[SECC] ARRL SSB

Subject: [SECC] ARRL SSB
From: k4wi at earthlink.net (Courtney Judd)
Date: Mon Mar 3 20:14:01 2003
Lewis and all, I also experienced a lot of intentional qrm this year....
was able to recognize some of it as coming from AE4JO and his 1875 group,
others were of European origin. Regardless, none were able to prevent me
from running on my chosen frequency. The Timewave DSP works beautifully on
carriers, cw and digital trash, the stack adds receive gain and nulls out
the stateside qrmer's. Most innovative was the guy who recorded my audio and
replayed it back ... unfortunately the 100 watters from Euro were stronger
than him. Worked a lot of 5 and 10 watters but I have to carry the load on
these. Even one dude with one watt made it thru!. But things are getting
worse and I think that we need to have more discussion or what ever to needs
to be addressed. Seems that a lot of hams today get wedded to a particular
frequency and it's theirs from now on (nets need alternate frequency WARC
for contest weekends.. common sense). Try to work a dx on contest on a
Sunday afternoon below 28,400 and you will get all kinds of west coast
freakies. Maybe an article in NCJ would help. Any ideas? 73's Cort
Courtney Judd K4WI/NA4W
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Al. 36786
e-mail= k4wi@earthlink.net