[SECC] ARRL SSB

Subject: [SECC] ARRL SSB
From: w4nti at mindspring.com (Dan/W4NTI)
Date: Mon Mar 3 20:34:24 2003
Yes all this is true Cort.  And you want to know what the problem is?  Ill
tell you.  Inconsiderate contesters that dump on top of on-going
conversations.  I personally heard this happen TWICE by AD1C or something
like that.  How do I know he didn't hear the guys?  I cant prove it, of
course...but just the way he was acting.  He was aware of what he was doing.

Contesters have a bad name in general.  We all need to work towards cleaning
up the ole act a bit.

And your right.  A LOT of hams are frequency non-agile.  Makes me think
everyone is using crystals only.  What can I say...you ain't gonna change
it.

There really are too many contests.  We need to knock off a bit in my
opinion.  Of course its the major ww jobs that get the attention.   I think
what the major problem is all the dang CQing going on.  Its nice for the S&P
but for those not in the contest....it sure do clutter up the bands.

Just some vents on the subject...for what its worth.

Dan/W4NTI